Business Email Solutions
- Email Server – Complex IMAP Filters
- Email Server – Attachment Support for Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes
- Email Server – Control Outlook Add-Ins for Outlook Connector Users
- Email Security – Location Screening
- Email Security – Dynamic Authentication Failure Screening
- Email Encryption – Automated Encryption Key Exchange
- Remote Administration – Message Search
- Webmail – Complex Filters
- Webmail – Import & Export Groups/Distribution Lists To/From a Contact Folder
- Webmail – Voice Recorder
- Webmail – New Folder Management Features
- Webmail – Export a Contact in vCard 4.0 Format
- Instant Messenger – Buddy List Grouping
- Other Improvements
Email Server – Complex IMAP Filters
The IMAP filters found within the account editor for each account have been expanded. With complex IMAP filters, administrators can set multiple filtering parameters based on the message size or the contents of any message header, and perform actions such as moving, deleting, forwarding, or redirecting the message.
Email Server – Attachment Support for Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes
Attachments can now be added to Calendar items, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes via Webmail, Outlook Connector, or your favorite CalDAV or CardDAV client. When scheduling a meeting, attachments added to calendar events will be sent to all meeting attendees.
Email Server – Control Outlook Add-Ins for Outlook Connector Users
Administrators can now choose which Outlook add-ins are allowed or disabled for Outlook Connector users via a new configuration screen located under the Setup | Outlook Connector menu . This feature requires Outlook Connector 5.0 or newer.
Email Security – Location Screening
New Location Screening settings allow administrators to block incoming SMTP, POP, and IMAP connections from designated countries. This benefits businesses by allowing them to block messages from countries with which they do not do business, and provides an extra layer of spam protection when certain countries are known sources of spam.
Email Security – Dynamic Authentication Failure Screening
Dynamic Screening features can be configured to track authentication failures for all protocols, including SMTP, POP, IMAP, Webmail, and ActiveSync (among others). After receiving a specified number of failed authentication attempts from a given IP address in a designated period of time, subsequent connections from the IP are blocked for a specified period of time.
Note: Existing features previously located under the Dynamic Screening configuration screen have been moved to Security | Security Settings | SMTP Screen.
Email Encryption – Automated Encryption Key Exchange
An option has been added that allows the process of exchanging public keys for OpenPGP to take place during the SMTP message delivery process. When this feature is enabled, authorized users will no longer need to manually send their public key to another user from whom they wish to receive encrypted email.
Remote Administration – Message Search
A new Message Search page has been added to Remote Administration, allowing administrators to search a single user’s messages based on keywords in the sender, recipient, subject, or attachment name. Searches can be performed on all messages, or only messages within a specified date range.
Webmail – Complex Filters
Complex filters have been added to Webmail, our web-based email client, allowing users to specify filtering rules based on the message size or any message header. Messages meeting a filter’s criteria can be moved to another folder, deleted, forwarded, or redirected.
Webmail – Import & Export Groups/Distribution Lists To/From a Contact Folder
Webmail users can now import and export groups/distribution lists to & from their Contacts folders.
Webmail – Voice Recorder
Webmail’s new voice recorder allows users to record voice memos and attach them to email messages, save them to their Webmail Documents folder, or save them to the desktop.
Webmail – New Folder Management Features
Webmail users can now perform the following folder management tasks without having to go to the Options | Folders menu
- Move folders from one parent folder to another via drag & drop.
- Add folders to Favorites via drag & drop.
- Rename folders in the Favorites list by clicking on the folder name.
Webmail – Export a Contact in vCard 4.0 Format
Webmail users can now export individual contacts in VCard format, a file format standard for electronic business cards supported by a wide variety of email clients. VCards contain various details about a contact, including name, company name, email address, postal address, phone number, and additional comments. They can be downloaded locally or sent to a designated email address, and then imported into any email client that supports the VCard format.
- By default, messages that cannot be scanned by SecurityPlus are quarantined. The antivirus quarantine exclusion settings have been improved. In previous versions, administrators could configure exclusions from antivirus scanning based on attachment file type. Now, administrators can also configure antivirus scanning exclusions based on the sender or recipient address.
- When using the “LookOut” and “WorldClient” themes, Webmail users can now reorder favorite folders by dragging and dropping them in the favorites list.
- When using the “WorldClient” theme, the look of Notes has been updated. An option was added that allows users to change the color of the note by clicking on the note icon in the top left corner of the note.
- When using the “LookOut” and “WorldClient” themes, Webmail users can now search for attachment names using advanced search.